Our History

Our church was started by some exciting people who had a vision. organized and established October 5, 1941, as Barkers District Baptist Church, with the following Charter Members:

  1. Mr. L. G. Strickland
  2. Mrs. Hattie Strickland
  3. Linton Strickland, Jr.
  4. Mr. Horace Banister
  5. Mrs. Lois Banister 
  6. Miss Caroline Whiteside

The name of the church was changed in Conference on May 10, 1942 to Fairview Baptist Church. Members are received in the following ways: 1) Baptism, 2) Letter, and 3) Statement.

The men of the church built the present facility; and we moved in debt free in January, 1993.